Here in this article, is the list of 10 most uncomfortable sounds that make people Uncomfortable, researched and found by scientists. Most irritating Sounds for human ear are given below:
1. Vomiting sound
Vomiting makes many people feel nauseous because this sound reminds us of a bad image and causes several reactions in the body.
2. Microphone response sound
Extremely bright microphone feedback often appears in karaoke rooms or on some large stages. This is caused by the feedback from the speaker being transmitted directly or indirectly to the microphone, and when these frequencies overlap, a very high-frequency sound is produced.
3. The sound of children crying
A baby crying is also one of the annoying sounds for humans, especially for men. The reason is that this sound not only affects hearing but it also creates a feeling of fatigue and trouble because of having to comfort the baby.
4. The sound of trains running on the tracks
The sound of a train running on the tracks or the sound of metal contacting and colliding with metal always causes discomfort to listeners.
5. The sound of metal rusting
The sound is created when some rusty metal objects move like a swing, door hinges. It can send chills down your spine. The high-frequency sound is annoying to the listener. In addition, it also makes many people think of horror movies.
6. The sound of chewing food
Many people feel uncomfortable when they hear the sound of chewing food, the “clicking” of others when in a restaurant or a movie theater.
7. The sound of nails scratching on the blackboard
Fingernails scratching on the blackboard create a shrill, agonizing squeak that makes the listener extremely uncomfortable.
8. The sound of the dentist’s drill
The sound of a dentist’s drill is both high-frequency and causes our minds to think of pain. Surely no one wants to hear this bone-aching sound.
9. The sound of knives sharpening on glass
According to research by scientists at the University of Newcastle, the sound when sharpening knives on the glass causes the most inhibition in the brain.
10. Car horns in Vietnam
In Vietnam and many other developing countries, honking car horns indiscriminately when participating in traffic happens quite often, especially during rush hour and traffic jams. The honking of a car horn causes noise pollution and has a substantial impact on the nervous system if it appears suddenly at maximum volume.
There have even been cases where motorcyclists who heard the horn of a car were startled to fall over and lead to an unfortunate accident. That is the list of 10 most uncomfortable sounds.
FAQs About 10 Most Uncomfortable Sounds
What is the most annoying sound to humans?
Florian Hollerweger. The most annoying sound for a human, as we all know, is the sound of chalkboard scraping.
What are unpleasant sounds?
- A baby / child screaming.
- Cars hooting.
- Cats fighting.
- Dogs barking without stopping.
- People talking on top of their voices.
- Loud music, especially women singing in a screaming voice.
- Motor cycles – scramblers, Harley Davidsons, etc.
What frequency can kill you?
The most dangerous frequency is at the median alpha-rhythm frequencies of the brain: 7 hz. This is also the resonant frequency of the body’s organs.
What is the world’s most annoying song?
The 20 Most Annoying Songs Ever
- 1. ” WE BUILT THIS CITY” // STARSHIP. RHINO. …
- 2. ” MY HUMPS” // THE BLACK EYED PEAS. …
- 5. ” ONE WEEK” // BARENAKED LADIES. …
- 6. ” WHO LET THE DOGS OUT” // BAHA MEN. …
- 7. ” DON’T WORRY, BE HAPPY” // BOBBY MCFERRIN. …
- 9. ” PHOTOGRAPH” // NICKELBACK. …
- 10. ” TAKE MY BREATH AWAY” // BERLIN. …
- 11. ” MAMBO NO.
Can 200 decibels kill a human?
150 decibels is usually considered enough to burst your eardrums, but the threshold for death is usually pegged at around 185-200 dB. The general consensus is that a loud enough sound could cause an air embolism in your lungs, which then travels to your heart and kills you.